guix-devel

Re: Locale error (Was: Re: New detailed troubleshooting section in the m

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Locale error (Was: Re: New detailed troubleshooting section in the manual)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 16:14:13 -0300

According to this your ~.profile was not sourced when you logged in (GUIX_LOCPATH is not defined in your environment)

My mistake, I went back to a previous snapshot and installed inside guix environment, there I exported the GUIX_LOCPATH running env:
GUIX_LOCPATH=/gnu/store/izyw1295kw5d47m4kv5d9ns4c1l7lz8k-profile/lib/locale

This is the cause of you seeing the message.

I suggest you either try fixing this yourself by moving your variables to .bash_profile or ask on an ubuntu forum or search the net for an answer how to make ubuntu source your variables correctly.

I will let you know after rebooting my VM is the problem persists, thank you.

Regards!
Laura