gutopia-dev

Re: [rgui-dev] Backend Debouch

From: Armin Roehrl
Subject: Re: [rgui-dev] Backend Debouch
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:27:13 +0200

Am Freitag, 23. August 2002 10:05 schrieb Tom Sawyer:
> so, we have to make some choices. should we use a GTK or FOX or both
> backends now in order to get GUtopIa "out the door" sometime soon? or
> should we patiant and wait for the others to develop? then there is the
> general question of which to support. All of them? or should we focus on
> just one? or just a few?
I think it's best to make it work for one. It does not matter so much
which one -- simply chose one, make it work, then learn from
the mistakes and think of how to extend it or not.

I personally prefer FOX to GTK as I start to understand FOX,
but I do not know GTK well enough to give qualified reasons
why FOX. Some people claim that FOX is easier to learn and
use than GTK. Is that true?

Cheers,
Armin.

Armin Roehrl, http://www.approximity.com
Training, Development and Mentoring
OOP, XP, Java, Ruby, Smalltalk, Datamining, Parallel computing, Webservices

Rubybuch: http://approximity.com/rubybuch/

Agile Entwicklerkonferenz: 22. und 23.10 in Nürnberg.
http://www.approximity.com/public/conferences/AgileConf.html