gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] API Time

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] API Time
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:22:39 -0700

Tom Sawyer wrote:

> but recently i'v had another
> notion, that may make markup much more attractive: Dynamic Markup.

[snip]

> But I have the notion to actually use markup to manipulate markup, hence
> Dynamic Markup. With regards to GUtopIa, the GUI markup could change and
> automatically be reflected on the screen. i haven't fully flushed this
> out yet. any ideas?
>
> additional thoughts?

Philosophically, I like the idea of using markup -- it neatly separates the
GUI specs from the code into a readily identifiable and (hopefully) readable
container. Of course, I'm sure it can be done either well or poorly, so how
it pans out will be in the details.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Curt