gutopia-dev

RE: [rgui-dev] API Time

From: Tom Sawyer
Subject: RE: [rgui-dev] API Time
Date: 23 Aug 2002 17:40:32 -0600

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 14:19, Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Perhaps I spoke too quickly about pushing for XML, as I really know little
> about YAML. I was viewing it from a developer familiarity and tool
> availability perspective.

one last thing before i get back to coding:

developer familiarity, YES. but tool availability dosen't really matter
so much, i mean, how likely do you think it would be that someone would
use XSLT to generate GUI markup? possible, but likely? and as for
GUtopIa itself, we'd expose all the neccessary tools via its API, i
would imagine, rather then say, have someone use REXML to work with the
GUtopIa markup. at least that's my hunch on this.

does that make sense?

~transami