gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] Re: - adding 'Linux Format' magazine DVD goes r

From: Andrew Long
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] Re: - adding 'Linux Format' magazine DVD goes recursive
Date: 27 Mar 2003 21:58:23 +0000

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 13:49, Zero wrote:
> Hi everybody and Andrew,
>
> Is a problem with circular links? In this case the problem is already solved
> in the version which is going to be published.
>
> Yours,
> Zero

Hi zero

Zero, thanks for the suggestion. I initially thought that the problem
might have been with the LDP folder itself, but a closer examination of
the debug trace showed that what was happening was that the program was
exiting a directory 'early' - and yes, the directory that it was exiting
was the target of a 'soft-link' - a directory images was in fact a soft
link to '../images', so the 'cd ..' at the end of catalog-add-dir was
exiting back to the wrong folder.

I fixed this by saving the current directory on entry and doing an
explicit cd back to it at the end, instead of the cd ..

You say the problem is fixed. Should I bother with generating a patch
file?

regards, Andy

 Andrew Long            Email   address@hidden (Preferred)
 1 Court Hill                   address@hidden
 Taunton                Phone   +44 (7817) 533382 (Mobile/UK)
 TA1 4SX                        +44 (1823) 337322 (Home/UK)
 England                        (+971 (50) 521 3651 Mobile/UAE)
--
PGP Key available on request