gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: - adding 'Linux Format' magazine DVD goes recur

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: - adding 'Linux Format' magazine DVD goes recursive
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:49:41 GMT

Hi everybody,

<Snip>
I'm not sure to understand yours sentences. But your problem is in fact a problem with circular link on folders??

Not quite. The folder structure is as follows:-
<Essentials>
<LDP>
  <FAQ>
  <images>
    <callouts>
  <HOWTO>
    <images> // This folder is soft-linked back to the folder LDP/images
  <LDP>
Ok I understand better the problem. It is similar to the problem of the circular links.

> I fixed this by saving the current directory on entry and doing an
> explicit cd back to it at the end, instead of the cd ..
You have remove the circular link, isn't it??
CAn't - it's a DVD, not writable

> You say the problem is fixed. Should I bother with generating a patch
> file?
I am not accustomed to publishing patchs and even less to publish them on the mailing list. But as that made a long time that I do not have to publish of new version of GWhere, I'm going to make an exception. ;-)
I'll generate it as soon as I get the time. I'm a bit pressed at the
moment because I'll be starting a new job soon aand have to move to the
other end of the country first. Sorry for any delay
Ok, no problem, just say me when you try it if the patch really fixes your problem. :-)

Regards,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org