gwhere-discussion

[GWhere-discussion] Re: greetings

From: Zero
Subject: [GWhere-discussion] Re: greetings
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:20:13 GMT

Hi everybody,

Hello, i am new in this mailgroup. I would like to introduce myself shortly.
You're welcome.
How can we name you??

I am a native hungarian and i am still studiing english this is why i will be
probably strange.
Don't worry you, I have a rusty English too. I try to do the best of my.

I studied programming c, c++ long time ago, so my knowledge is ... upgradeable.
I am a 1 year newbie in linux world, now i feel like to study programming X
apps.
I've never made a presentation of myself. I think it's the time : I work with many languages. But my predilection languages are C and Java. I started GWhere a long time ago. In a first time it was an exercice to apply my programming system lessons. But days after days it's became this real project.

I would like to join to GWhere group, because i couldn't find any more disc catalogiser under GPL and i think this project can be better fitted to my needs.
As says Victor, there is other disk cataloger under GPL. My first wish was to make GWhere the more stable as possible and easy to use. At time I want to follow the users wishes in order to answer to their needs.

I am a student of a university so this time is to do the exams, i have very few spare time,
I understand very well your problem. I think that many people here are in the same case. :-)

I would like to give a hungarian translation and if my time allows and accepted
by GWhere team i would help to get some ideas turning to reality:
I'm very happy to learn that you are interested by translating GWhere in hungarian. Someone started the translation of GWhere in hungarian but I lost contact with him. I enclosed his hu.po file. You can continue his translation or restart it from 0. As you want.

- exportable/inportable file formats as popular windows applications(whereisit,
excel, so on) uses.
I think it will be the next major feature. But before do this we must implement a "catalog plugin" manager in order to manage many kind of catalog storage.

- i would like adding directories too, not only drives.
This feature is in the TODO list. After implement the "catalog plugin" manager, I would like to implement the "scanable media plugin" manager. In this way it will be easiest to add your requested functionnality.
Thanks again for your proposal for help!!
Regards,
Zero
Main author,
GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org