gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] Feature request - Import from Cathy cataloger

From: Zero
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] Feature request - Import from Cathy cataloger
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 00:15:08 +0200

Hi Tolan,

I've just been trying out GWhere and it looks good nice work!

Thanks!! :-)

I used to use a cataloger called Cathy on Windows, but I rarely use Windows any more and Cathy isn't available for Linux.

Is there any possibility that you could include an importer for Cathy archives? I talked to the author a while back and he sent me the source code for the routine that writes the catalogue files, I imagine he'll probably give permission for me to pass it on to you, it's C++ if I remember correctly...

Ok, two or three things. ;-)
First, I'm working on the catalog manager support for GWhere. This feature will allow to import/export any catalog format in/from GWhere. With this feature, it will possible to build a plugin to import Cathy catalogs in GWhere. Second, there is a known bug in the Linux version of GWhere with the loading of C++ plugin. So if Cathy is really coded in C++, we should fix this bug in GWhere or rewrite Cathy code in C. To finish. ;-) If the Cathy author is agree to give his source code, 'it should be great', if he publish his source code under the GPL license (he will be always the source code's owner).

Thank you for your mail and for your interest with GWhere!!

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org