gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-10-31/11-01 (pegboard)

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-10-31/11-01 (pegboard)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 04:10:56 +0200

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 11:21:05PM +0200, Asko Soukka wrote:
> Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> > > AFAIK there is no simply way to extract metadata robustly from pegs? I'll
> > > continue with that on monday.
> > Sure is: docutils constructs its internal XML tree; you should just use
> > that.
>
> Great, actually you already said earlier something about that tree, I
> just didn't understand then.
>
>         - make sure "make pegs" works right - currently libraries
>           don't load properly by C-python (need to put stuff in depends.
>           Make sure a plain 2.1 installation works.)
>
> I'll need help with that. I have already installed 2.2 earlier and don't
> know how it affects. Probably I have installed docutils only for 2.2,
> because I get ImportError when changing dependency back to 2.1. Although,
> with 2.2 my docutils does't have docutils.core.publish method, but a
> docutils.core.publish_cmdline method...

Hmmm. You can of course run python2.1 install for docutils.

>         - autogenerate the pegboard page from
>           a .rst file and the .rst files of the pegs - currently
>           we need to change several locations.
>
> I don't understand.

Meaning that there should be one .rst file which contains the template
for the pegboard: the explanations etc, and into that the program would
add the table.

> I don't know how to autogenerate pegboard fully from a .rst, because I
> don't know tidy way to use style directive in table rows with
> reStructuredText...

You could probably just build the tree yourself.

>           Note the colors in the table: they're very useful (depends
>           only on status).
>
> I have already added those into CSS. They'll come as soon as I learn to
> parse the status from rst.
>
> How would you like the pegboard to be ordered? I have been thinking
> ordering the latest updated first.

The primary order is the status; actually we can have separate tables
for each status so there's no need for the colors right away.
After that, last-updated might be good.

        Tuomas