gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-10-31/11-01 (pegboard)

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-10-31/11-01 (pegboard)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:21:05 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> > AFAIK there is no simply way to extract metadata robustly from pegs? I'll
> > continue with that on monday.
> Sure is: docutils constructs its internal XML tree; you should just use that.

Great, actually you already said earlier something about that tree, I
just didn't understand then.

        - make sure "make pegs" works right - currently libraries
          don't load properly by C-python (need to put stuff in depends.
          Make sure a plain 2.1 installation works.)

I'll need help with that. I have already installed 2.2 earlier and don't
know how it affects. Probably I have installed docutils only for 2.2,
because I get ImportError when changing dependency back to 2.1. Although,
with 2.2 my docutils does't have docutils.core.publish method, but a
docutils.core.publish_cmdline method...

        - autogenerate the pegboard page from
          a .rst file and the .rst files of the pegs - currently
          we need to change several locations.

I don't understand.

I don't know how to autogenerate pegboard fully from a .rst, because I
don't know tidy way to use style directive in table rows with
reStructuredText...

          Note the colors in the table: they're very useful (depends
          only on status).

I have already added those into CSS. They'll come as soon as I learn to
parse the status from rst.

How would you like the pegboard to be ordered? I have been thinking
ordering the latest updated first.

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/