gzz-dev

Stretching cells (Was Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-11-22 (client))

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Stretching cells (Was Re: [Gzz] Asko 2002-11-22 (client))
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:23:53 +0200 (EET)

Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Benja Fallenstein kirjoitti:
[interpolating font size in AWT]
>  >so "we move from the on scene to the other"? Does it mean changing font
>  >sizes less often in animation (only at the end, at the beginning or in
>  >the middle of it)?
> Only in the middle. It's the same point that the cursor color jumps to
> another cell when you move the cursor.
> It should IMHO work like in 0.6-- do we agree on that?

Agreed.

[stretching cells]
>  >should use a stencil of box's size. So, is streching actually view's
>  >feature as in 0.6? If view is allowed to strech cells, it requests the
>  >size from the current CellView, which passes the request to the current
>  >CellContentView?
> Yes.

With one line cellcontentview this is still trivial, but how should we
handle multi-line cellcontentviews? When do we strech both cell's width
and the height and when only height (with rectangular cell)? Should there
be an option to keep the current aspect ratio of a cell? Anyway, this
complicates the interface...

Currently I'm thinkin about 2D ball cell, where the text is inside the
cell (AFAIK this was not implemented in 0.6?). Even line divisioning with
static size don't feel very trivial for me, since every width of the lines
varies (some kind of array of linewidths should be delivered to
linebreaker?). And the stretching is, of course, more complicated. I quess
there is an easy way to calculate lines and their widths inside different
sizes of circles. Because, I'm quite slow in math, I would appreciate, if
someone would help with this :)

--
Asko Soukka     | Taitoniekantie 9 A 603 | address@hidden
+358-40-8235947 | FIN-40740 JYVÄSKYLÄ    | http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/