gzz-dev

[Gzz] We need four wheel-turner keys

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Gzz] We need four wheel-turner keys
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:44:12 +0100

Hi Tuukka--

I just tried out different key assignments for the wheel views, and having four wheel-turner keys as you proposed-- one for "rotate up on right side," one for "rotate down on right side," and corresponding for left-- was the only one that really worked smoothly. I'm impressed-- I didn't consider this to be a good contender when you first brought this up.

I've used j/l for left/right and u/o/n/. for the wheel-turners. n seems more appropriate than m somehow, my finger glides on that (n) automatically.

To avoid mode errors, maybe these should work in the normal views, too? Of course, then "Rotate up on left side" and "Rotate up on right side" would mean the same thing, just as in the wheel views "Rotate up on left side" and "Rotate down on right side" are same.

I'm not sure whether up/down (i/,) should also work in the non-wheel views (seems to open up the possibility for mode errors?). Also not sure how to map this to the cursor keys.

*sigh*

Opinions?

- Benja