gzz-dev

Re: [gzz] Abstract Colorable Vob

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [gzz] Abstract Colorable Vob
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:24:37 +0100

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 05:50:27PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
My interpretation may be partly due to the fact that I do not see a use case for cloneColorReplaced. I asked for this before: Can somebody give me one?

In cloneColorAdded, we do not know whether another party has previously added other colors, we just do our job. In cloneColorsReplaced, we assume that somebody else may have added colors we want to remove before adding ours, and that nobody else has added colors we do not want to remove. When would this be the case?

It makes it easier to know where you are. To me, the alternative
is like having a "addToX(float)" instead of "setX(float)" for a float field...

Well, I would use "new FooVob(x, y)" rather than "clonePosition(x, y)". The only use case I see for cloneColorXXXed (as opposed to e.g. new OvalBgVob(colors)) is that you create a new vob, pass it around to a few methods which may or may not add their own colors, and then render it on the screen. For this, cloneColorAdded is useful and cloneColorReplaced doesn't seem to make much sense.

Again, could you please give a use case that needs cloneColorReplaced()?

Thank you,
- Benja