gzz-dev

Re: [gzz] Abstract Colorable Vob

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [gzz] Abstract Colorable Vob
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:30:03 +0200 (EET)

Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > But they could be shorthands to methods, which would
> > have an override flag. When flag is set, old colors will
> > be replaced when cloning, if unset, the new colors
> > will be added next to old ones. ?
> >
> >     ColorableVob cloneColored(Color[], boolean)
> >     ColorableVob cloneColored(List, boolean);
> >     ColorableVob cloneColored(Color, boolean);
>
> This is not good: no-one will ever remember which one is which.

Well, I have to abstract those somehow to avoid duplicating code. Did you
previously mean that we should have distinct functions for cloning with
only parameter colors and cloning with parameter colors added?

Like the following;

  ColorableVob cloneColored(Color[]);
  ColorableVob cloneColored(List);
  ColorableVob cloneColored(Color);

  ColorableVob cloneColorAdded(Color[]);
  ColorableVob cloneColorAdded(List);
  ColorableVob cloneColorAdded(Color);

Both sets could be only shorthands to a third set, which has
that override flag.

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>