gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Benchmarks

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Benchmarks
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:41:03 +0200

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 06:11:27PM +0200, Matti Katila wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I added some benchmarks for pp[press Ctrl+b] and the results are
> interesting, though:
>
> 1 : Benchmark - leave out paper :      140  frames.
> 2 : Benchmark - leave out shortcuts :  175  frames.
> 3 : Benchmark - leave out text :       252  frames.
> 4 : Benchmark - leave out background : 269  frames.
> 5 : Benchmark - leave out fillet :     122  frames.
> 6 : Benchmark - leave out nothing :    122  frames.

What is the "frame" unit? What kind of a period do you use for measurement?

If it's "fps" i.e. frames per second, then you'd actually be better
off calculating the number of milliseconds per frame, as that would
be more linear and easily understandable.

> It seems that background, which is the calendar thing, eats a lot of
> power.
> Otoh, also text vobs take cpu cycles but not so much since there
> are so many of them.

The calendar has a lot of text, right? What if you disable text in calendar?

        Tuomas