gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] PR

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Gzz] PR
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:48:48 +0300

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 03:38:42PM +0300, Asko Soukka wrote:
> Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Asko Soukka kirjoitti:
> > Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > > The journals will be in fenfire, cvs module journals,
> > > each person's name.
> >
> > *sigh*
> >
> > How nice it would have a structure, where we could connect tasks
> > from projects' TODOs into journals. Now we have ``x`` TODOs and ``z``
> > journals in ``y`` modules with no connections between them...
>
> Hmm... could this be possible after we have Loom working also as RDF
> editor? How much the final xml-file would change between loading, editing
> and saving? I mean, is it at any way possible to have a CVS shared RDF
> files for our project management?

Hmm... actually, with RDF, the first way of merging changes would be to just
take the space to be the set of triples.

CVS wouldn't do it right, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a real merge
tool that you could trust enough to know what it would do in a given situation.

It could actually work.

> And why this was't possible with GZZ? I suppose it had its own file for
> every cell?

The problem was that editing zzStructure distributedly is very hard
because of the local consistency rules. Merging different peoples'
changes is impossible.

> *just wondering, why we still can't use our tools even by ourselves*

Sigh... Yes.

But this could actually be doable...

        Tuomas