gzz-dev

Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] storm/doc/pegboard/attacking_gisp--hemppah p

From: Hermanni Hyytiälä
Subject: Re: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] storm/doc/pegboard/attacking_gisp--hemppah peg.rst
Date: 11 Jun 2003 13:39:49 +0300

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 13:22, Tuomas Lukka wrote:

> > > Once or several times?
> >
> > The authors used in tests a network with n=2^k peers, where k varied
> > from 3 to 14.
> >
> > So, several times (and the number of peers in the system varied).
> >
> > Is this ok for us ?
>
> I meant: does each peer try to get the set of keys it chose once or several
> times?
>
>       Tuomas

The authors do not mention it. However, since the network they used in
the simulation was *static* (no "harmful" factors") and the purpose of
the simulation was just to measure lookup lengths we can assume that
each peer queried keys only once.

(OTOH, with the fault tolerant simulation (concurrent joins/leaves) they
do state that queries are not retried.)

-Hermanni