h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] new version of h-source uploaded to h-node.org

From: Michał Masłowski
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] new version of h-source uploaded to h-node.org
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:30:29 +0200

> Sorry for the delay in the response.. I think that keeping notebooks
> separate from motherboards would allow, in the future, more
> flexibility, since we could add new fields to motherboards (if
> required) that perhaps are not required to notebooks (and vice
> versa). We could start with a form similar to the one used for
> notebooks and see if users ask for new entries (perhaps who is looking
> for motherboard wants to know more technical data than who is
> searching for notebooks).

Choosing a motherboard I look for one supporting modern AMD CPUs
(Intel's are expensive and they are more opposed to free BIOSes), with
the microATX form factor (I like smaller cases), enough RAM slots, SATA
connectors and integrated graphics (no good solution from freedom point
of view).  The form factor and internal connectors (e.g. SATA or PCI)
are not useful when choosing laptops (and there are no laptops without
integrated graphics which aren't always needed for motherboards).
Making some of this data searchable seems a good reason to have separate
types for motherboards and notebooks.