h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Potential volunteer for h-node

From: Damien Zammit
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Potential volunteer for h-node
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 12:04:27 +1100

Hi John,

On 09/12/15 02:10, John Sullivan wrote:
> That'd be great! AFAIK, you don't need any special permissions to add
> new items to the database.
I wanted to add some more vendors for hardware such as ones I have
reverse engineered to work with the libre kernel and as far as I know, I
need some sort of backend access to do that.

> We're just now giving some new volunteers commit access to the site and
> the code that powers the site, so hopefully issues in those areas will
> get addressed more quickly.
I have worked actively on the coreboot project and have contributed a
wee bit to the linux kernel.  I also know the difference between having
a driver that uses microcode and without.  Would it be possible for me
to apply for backend access?

I assume there are at least three levels of access: plain user access to
view the website, backend admin access to the website, and commit access
to the code.  I'm after the middle one so I can help curate the database
content.

Regards,
Damien
(Student FSF member)