h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Potential volunteer for h-node

From: Luis A. Guzman Garcia
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Potential volunteer for h-node
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:09:03 -0600

El mié, 09-12-2015 a las 12:04 +1100, Damien Zammit escribió:
> Hi John,
>
> On 09/12/15 02:10, John Sullivan wrote:
> > That'd be great! AFAIK, you don't need any special permissions to add
> > new items to the database.
> I wanted to add some more vendors for hardware such as ones I have
> reverse engineered to work with the libre kernel and as far as I know, I
> need some sort of backend access to do that.

For adding new vendors the required access is still being authorized by
the Sysadmins.
We'd love to have new hardware on the database so i think it won't be
too long before we can work that out.

> > We're just now giving some new volunteers commit access to the site and
> > the code that powers the site, so hopefully issues in those areas will
> > get addressed more quickly.
> I have worked actively on the coreboot project and have contributed a
> wee bit to the linux kernel.  I also know the difference between having
> a driver that uses microcode and without.  Would it be possible for me
> to apply for backend access?
>
> I assume there are at least three levels of access: plain user access to
> view the website, backend admin access to the website, and commit access
> to the code.  I'm after the middle one so I can help curate the database
> content.

Right now we are missing the feature to add vendors from within the
admin panel, that feature was on the ToDo list.
Also there are some features that didn't hit h-node.org and are still on
the SVN repository, there is still a lot of work to be done so
volunteers are welcome.

Any help with code is also well received

--
Luis