health

Re: [Health] Unable to Install Payroll Module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Unable to Install Payroll Module
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:13:26 +0000

Dear Khurram

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 12:39:00 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> When I try to install Staff Payroll module, I get following error
> when I click on start upgrade:
>
>   File "/trytond/model/modelsql.py", line 190, in __register__
>     ref = pool.get(field.model_name)._table
>   File "/trytond/pool.py", line 172, in get
>     return self._pool[self.database_name][type][name]
> KeyError: 'staff.position
>
> Snapshot is also attached. Can any body help me, please?

I guess you're talking about Presik payroll module. That module is
not part of GNU Health, and I don't think is an official Tryton module
either. For what I can see, also, the latest version is for server 3.4,
which is not compatible with GNU Health 3.0. In any case, our friend
Oscar from Presik can help.

As a sidenote, although you can install any module that is not standard
from the GNU Health base, you should be very careful, because it can
break the system. Also, remember to install non-standard modules for GNU
Health under the "modules/local" directory.

Finally, we could start a discussion about incorporating a native
Payroll module for GNU Health, if the community is interested. Payroll
is quite complex, and very specific to each country, but we could set
up the basis for a generic module.

All the best

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc