heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] Re: cognitive therapy & meditation

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] Re: cognitive therapy & meditation
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 16:50:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:07:49AM -0600, William L. Jarrold wrote:

5 >'s deep....Yee haa!!!  (-:

> > > If your glass is full then how can you fill it with nector?
> > >
> > > In other words, it is helpful (or necessary?) to reduce or
> > > stop thinking in order to change how your cognitive
> > > processes work.  Without meditation, I doubt you will be able
> > > to effectively modify your automatic thoughts.
> >
> > Cool.  Right.
>
> I wonder if anyone has done an empirical study comparing
> the effectiveness of cognitive therapy combined with
> meditation and cognitive therapy alone.
>
> It seems like an obvious experiment to try.

Yep.  You might email a friend of mine who is way into meditation
and is also in the counseling program.  Michael Shattah ---
address@hidden -- maybe he knows of such a thing.  Or
do a google search or even better a search on psych lit.

You might also do a search on the "Relaxation Response."  This might
have been all the rage 'round that time that Pritikin diet was
raging!  (-:

Bill