heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] OHL v2 alpha test

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] OHL v2 alpha test
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:30:19 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Josh White wrote:

Nice work Josh!  This layout works, I think.  Nice use of white space.

Suggestion:  Can you make the 5 ratings buttons instead of radio selections,
and remove the rate it! button? That will cut down one button click.

* I agree with Josh.

* most of the text i had no idea what it meant....e.g. this...

"orange juice is a matter of might (as opposed to law)."

...huh?  might, as in might makes right instead of rule by law, or
some stretched metaphical logic or what?

well, maybe this is a sign of "its just alpha."

* as you prolly recall, in the dissertation, what you have as "story" was
split up into "overriding goal" and "situation."  it might be better to
keep that distinction.  i'm not sure.

* regarding "tortured prose". e.g. this...

In tobys opinion, his dad wants to avoid something about orange juice for himself. (TODO: how to disambiguate whom the trailing himself/herself refers without tortured prose?)

...those seem like issues that are very tightly intertwined with the tasks of re-building the model, aligning the model with CLib (e.g. in my model I used the term gender but in CLib they use sex). I would not work on any detailed KM model stuff until we decide how tightly we want to align with CLib. (I'm assuming you know that KM has a text gen facility and are using that to generate the text and not your own hand-rolled text gen system).

Bill