heartlogic-dev

RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: RE: [Heartlogic-dev] rumination prototype
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:43:09 +0530

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 15:40 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> ...one more thing.  it did not seem to remember my login, ohl1.

Yah, the database is entirely new.  We can copy only logins later.

> also, after my first visit, i could not revist the website and try to
> redo the ratings.  it said something like "there are no more ananymous
> studies."

Hrm, it should reset after an hour.  I wonder if I should let it recycle
after 1 minute, just for testing.  Maybe I'm being overcautious.

> i even had a friend, stephanie, create a username, pasword.  she loged
> in but still could not fill out the basic "vienna is wet." type
> items.

Hrm, I guess I should add a rating screen for people who are logged in.
I don't have that yet.  Coming soon ...

>   how about while we are in alpha test mode we allow people who
> revisit the site to submit as many ratings as they please.  this seems
> like the best way to try lotsa stuff get in depth feedback from me and
> also some friends as i sit over their shoulder and watch them.  yes no
> maybe?

Yes.

> we also played around with the submit story thing (url
> http://ohl.nirmalvihar.info/?leaf=submit_story;session_id=27).  not at
> all clear what should go in the "Name" boxes under Topics...

I changed it to "Goal Topics".  Is that more suggestive?

In the Jack & Jill story, the only goal topic is "a pale of water".

> I tried to submit a story "jack and jill went up a hill to fetch a
> pale of water.  jack fell down and broke his crown and jill came
> tumbling after."  it is unclear what to put into the name type-in
> boxes under Topics.  And it is not entirely clear how that story maps
> onto "introduction", "goal formation and expression" and "goal
> matching and evaluation."  you can see my best guess.

You guessed correctly.

Actually it is not really crucial to use one of each of "introduction",
"goal formation and expression" and "goal matching and evaluation."

My goal type study is only concerned with "goal formation and
expression".  The kind of stuff in your dissertation falls under "goal
matching and evaluation."  The "introduction" category is just catch-all
for random suppositions.

Maybe I need to copy this explanation into the story editor?

> also unclear what "choose file" is for.

Pictures!  Yes, you can tell your story in comic book form!

> whatever, maybe you did not intend for me to semi-seriosly puruse
> this.

No, actually I'm psyched that you tried it out.  ;-)

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
 (Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)