heartlogic-dev

[Heartlogic-dev] getting closer - a few comments on UI

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Heartlogic-dev] getting closer - a few comments on UI
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 23:01:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Joshua (and everyone)

We are very close to a usable look and feel for the baby prototype.

(BTW, I sent a welcome Peter Yeh email but turns out he was not on the
list.  I'll send it again soon.  Peter is on now!!!!)

I'm looking at...

http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2000-11-15/bayview.html

Okay the blue dotted line looks GREAT!!!  Much better than the "birds."

Okay more comments...For your reference, here is the text.........

HAL believes that the following is true / false:

Spouses love each other.        N = 2, M = 0.50, SD = 0.00

You judged this statement as moderately believable

...................Now here are my reactions.....

(1)

The...

"Thanks for your rating! Ratings like yours can help us evaluate and improve our AI models."

...just seems icky. I can't suggest anything better. Anyone have better ideas. People will get sick of it. Maybe it should hotlink to a page
on our research goals.  Whatever.  We can come back to fixing this later.

(2)

Can you change ...

"HAL believes that the following is true / false:"

...to ....

"HAL believes that the following"

...IF the item is unreversed.  If the item is reversed, I am not sure
what we should do and I am out of time.  Pick your own words or just
have it say "mumblesnort" now (-; and that will be our clue to fix it.

(3)

Can you put this info, "N = 2, M = 0.50, SD = 0.00" below
"You judged this statement as moderately believable."

Rather than phrase it as ......

"N = 2, M = 0.50, SD = 0.00"

.....can you instead phrase it as.....

"2 have rate this so far.  The average believability rating is 0.5 on
a scale of -2 (highly unbelievable) to 2 (highly believable)."

...One more thing:

Can the "Nuetral" radio button have the same height and maybe even
same width as the others?

Okay, I have to go.  But this is a good start of things to do for the
immediate look and feel of the baby pilot.  After that the ball will
be in my court to edit that table you sent me called "simple".  Not
sure what i mean, here is what i refer to....as you can see i have
started buut not finished editing what you sent me...i am sure you
will have to change your perl at the top since i have added a new
column.........

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use lib '../src';
use OHL::Config;
use OHL::DB;

$DB = DBI->connect('DBI:Pg:dbname='. DB_BASE, '', '',
                    { RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 0, AutoCommit => 1 });

our $id = query_or_create_expert_id('.Rumination1');

while (defined( my $l = <DATA>)) {
   chomp $l;

   my $ch = bless [map { F->$_($id) } qw(assertion)],
     'OHL::DB::Construal::Chain';
   $ch->[0]{c_assertion} = $l;
   $ch->store;
}

__DATA__
RULENREV|Jesus loves his father because: (a) Sons love their fathers. and (b) Jesus is God's so\
n.
RREN|Jesus loves his father not because: (a) Sons love their fathers. nor (b) Jesus is God's so\
n.
UNREV|Jesus loves his father.
GREV|Jesus does not love his father.
UNREV|The city of Vienna, Austria is wet.
GREV|The city of Vienna, Austria is not wet.
|Rivers are a kind of water.
|Rivers are not a kind of water.
|If water touches x then x is wet.
|If water touches x then x is not wet.