heartlogic-dev

Re: correctness vs believability (was Re: [Heartlogic-dev] comments on s

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: correctness vs believability (was Re: [Heartlogic-dev] comments on story rating thing)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 02:24:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 14:39 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 02:29 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
How correct is HAL?

...and have not believability ratings but correctness ratings, a la...

        Completely Incorrect
        Slighly Incorrect
        So So
        Slightly Correct
        Completely Correct

[except presented horizontally]

Wow, uh, seems like a good idea.  Give me a day or two to digest it.

I'm confused.

Why does your dissertation consider believability instead of
correctness?

Why?  see your answer below, I like the way you put it below.
I think I may have had other reasons in the dissertation but
they were prolly lamer.

What is the difference between believability and correctness?

For example, let's look at the Jack & Jill story.  The stats are
positive for Jack/Goal with Jill/Goal and Jill/NoGoal.  Why not
Jack/NoGoal with Jill/Goal?  Since the story doesn't specify the
individual goals, I don't think there is a correct answer but there are
believable answers.  Hence, I am inclined to leave the rating as a
believability rating.  Or am I missing something?

Nope, I am missing something.

Because of my error, I have decreased my OHL salary by 40%. My OHL salary is now $0.00/year.

Bill