heartlogic-dev

RE: wiki? (was Re: [Heartlogic-dev] setting up an account)

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: RE: wiki? (was Re: [Heartlogic-dev] setting up an account)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 02:11:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Josh White wrote:

Having recently tried a communal word doc for a remotely shared project
document, it's a hell of a mess without some kind of incremental change
summary.

definitely.  if this incrememntal change summary is not part of wiki, then
i officially label inventor of wiki as retardo.

joshua, is there a way to get some kind of incremental change summary?  maybe a
diff emailed to subscribers? (well, i woulda checked it first but as i said rencently, looks like you've got a power outage).

Email threads work well for me. (Esp if the usability/UI questions were in
separate emails... I do try to dig through all the emails for the bits
relevant to me...but the volume is hard... :)

yes, volume of emails of late is hard. feel free to ignore or ask for a quick way to search if we are officially asking for your input on something. maybe i'll tryta
use the string JOSH??? when i wanna catch your quick-string-before-deleting
daemon.

and, like i said before, i do not intend to completly abandon email.  just
supplement it.

i sometimes think i err on the side of overdocumenting everything.  whatever,
keep marchihg,

bill

-Josh