heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] intro page

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] intro page
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:52:06 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 22:34 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
I suppose this means it is time to make the two studies separate.  I
promise to keep giving you constructive feedback (espec if you prod
me when I get laxed) on the JoshuaGoal study.

I encourage you to write an intro page for your study.

OK, I am not adverse to doing this, but how?  When someone enters
"openheartlogic.org" into their browser then which page comes up?
After that, which page?

Not sure. For now lets just work from the point of view that it has already been decided what study Joe User is doing.

I not talking about changes to openheartlogic.org yet.  I call making
a pointer to the new studies their "going live."

So, Joe User will go to nirmalivhir.whatever and see a selection of studies to chose from. One of them will be Rate-Rumination. They will
click on that and see the blurb I emailed you.

The other way we can do it is to show the intro if the number of ratings
for the current session is zero.

Ideas?

How about this....

if Jo User points himself to http://ohl.nirmalvihar.info/

...then he gets a menu of various things to go to.  Suppose he clicks on
"Rate It Ruminatin."  Then if number of ratings for current session is 0 he
gets the intro page.

If Joe User points himself to http://ohl.nirmalvihar.info/rumination
then he gets the rumination intro page if number of ratings for
current session is zero else he gets a random item from rumination.

Implicit in my thinking is that when we go live we will either need a)
to keep only one type of study (e.g. rumination xor joshua goal (to be
sure by xor i mean *exclusikve* or) ) accessible users or b) we will
have to keep a number of ratings completed for each study we offer.

In the long term I think we want some URLs to be study specific and
others1 to allow uses to chose the study they do.  The reason for
study specific is I could easily imainge certain publicity efforts
such that we only want the targets of that publicity to go to certain
studies.

...hrrm, I mighta missed your question or gotten ahead of myself
there.

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)