heartlogic-dev

Re: [Heartlogic-dev] wording of story itesm

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: Re: [Heartlogic-dev] wording of story itesm
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:47:10 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 18:55 -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
Well, when we really deploy this, it might be at different website url
than the website for OperationRumination or OperationRuminationPilot.
So if people get really frustrated and bamboozled, that frustration will
not spill over and risk other projects.  Yes, no maybe?

I am always aware of the risk that you believe that any positive synergy
of putting our studies together is overwhelmed by the negative
dissonance of my study.  That's why I have an incentive to frame my
research in the best possible way.

Well that is probably an overstatement but there is admitedly some truth in it, i am ashamed to say.

But, less shamefully, I think coherency of website is important.  For this
reason there is a good chance we will not want to execute e.g. the rumination studies on the open heart logic website.

Then again, maybe the vision (ahem, pardon me for using such ghastly dilbert-like lingo! (-;) open heart logic should not be so narrowly defined as "the logic of emotion, thoery of mind, in an open source type of context."....rather perhaps it should be a sort of trademark on anything we do. More on this later. I would really like Josh's input on this point.

The brass tacks or nuts and bolts question is this: Do we want ne
webiste or several?  Should the rumination study happen at the same
url as the joshua goal study or as the turing challenge study?

The big picture version of these questions are : what kind of web
identity do we want?  What is the vision of open heart logic?

In any case, your option to fork is always preserved since the code is
licensed under the GPL.

Well I think we are far from that option.  But as an insurance policy
it would be good for us all to have access to the code -- e.g. if god
forbid there was some big earthquake or you wer incapacitated or
whatever it would sink open herat logic.  I don't know how to get "the
code", can you tell me?

Of course, I am happy to reciprocate.  I am not sure what I might have
(e.g. tucked away in files) that is eseential - thoughts?  The wiki is
a nice way to prevent me from hoarding stuff.

Bill

--
If you are an American then support http://fairtax.org
(Permanently replace 50,000+ pages of tax law with about 200 pages.)