Re: [Help-bash] trouble using &

From: Gerard ROBIN
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] trouble using &
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:36:01 +0200

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 03:49:16PM +0200, frank ernest wrote:
> Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:49:16 +0200
> From: frank ernest <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Help-bash] trouble using &

> As to why it does this and your lack of certainty of how to proceed,
> I think it it's systemd; reason being that I tested it on opensuse 13.1
> (a systemd system) and it does not work, and now knoppix (I'm not sure
> what version, but not systemed) and switching ttys has no effect on the
> play back.

The problem is not caused by systemd. I tested jessie Debian which use
systemd and, "play" (of sox) and  "mocp" (of moc), work fine.
The sound does not stop when I switch from X to a linux console and when
I "startx" again the sound always works. (I don't use ligthdm)
(On some forum all the problems are attributed to systemd ...)

--
Gerard
* Created with  "mutt 1.5.21-6.2+deb7u2"  under Debian Linux WHEEZY version 7.6