Re: bison.simple etc.

From: mw
Subject: Re: bison.simple etc.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:10:08 +0000

At 17:23 09/01/2004 , Hans Aberg wrote:
At 22:11 +0000 2004/01/08, address@hidden wrote:
>Hi Hans,
>
>At 00:43 07/01/2004 , you wrote:
>>The later Bison version use a full M4 based macro system to produce output
>>files from skeleton files, which requires entirely new skeleton files. So
>>you cannot use those old Bison skeleton files at all with later Bison
>>versions.
>
>Thanks for the reply.  However I'm not sure I understand things correctly.
>I have looked at the source code and stepped through the code and it
>still uses the file "bison.simple" (or "bison.hairy").  These files
>do not exist in the distribution - so what can I do to get this to work?

Use the later versions 1.75-> and the skeleton files that come with those,
which are not named bison.simple.

Sorry, I'm still confused.  I looked at the bison code and it's still
trying to open files called "bison.simple" or "bison.hairy".  Where
are the skeleton files and why is bison trying to load different ones?

Mark