Re: 3DLDF

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: 3DLDF
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:03:39 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Hans Aberg wrote:

> It is hard for me to see how you get the C++ classes from that. -- I
> suppose you run it through CWEB.

CWEB consists of two programs, ctangle and cweave, a TeX
macro file, and maybe a few other bits and pieces.  ctangle
processes a CWEB file and writes a files of C (or C++)
code.  cweave processes a CWEB file a writes a TeX file with
formatted text and pretty-printed program code.  It also
generates a table of contents, an index of identifiers,
etc.  ctangle isn't used after the executable is built.

> >> (But I am not sure how your C++ code produces an output.)
> >
> >Keep reading the manual and all will be revealed---well, almost all.  For the
> >full story, you'd have to look at _3DLDF: The Program_.
>
> This manual is simply too large and unstructured for me to be able to
> extract any such information: For example, the TOC says that "Outputting"
> is on page 881, but the PDF file only has 539 pages. :-)
>
> Don't you have a how-to-doit section, showing how to create a graph and
> output it.

That's _3DLDF: The Program_ in the file `3DLDFprg.pdf',
which documents the program code itself.  The manual is the
_3DLDF User and Reference Manual_ in `3DLDF.pdf'.  The
number 881 is a section number.  The page number is 233
(look slightly to the right).

The information you want is in the manual, starting on page 54.
The introductory chapters of the manual explain how to get
started using 3DLDF.

Laurence