RE: Query about error recovery in bison

From: Ranjeeta
Subject: RE: Query about error recovery in bison
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:22:56 +0530

Hi Hans Aberg,

Thanx again for your suggestions. I have some points, please check the
following mail:

At Thursday, August 26, 2004 10:55 PM,
Hans wrote:
(snip)
> This version is so ancient, I can only wish you good luck.
> You are on your own, because nobody here will help you with it

Today I downloaded Bison 1.75. I will try to use it.

> The best way to find out is to look at the list of fixes in
> later Bison versions.

I still need to check this.

> Since you are insisting on using a very old version, you are
> essentially on your own, developing your own version of
> Bison. Nobody here will care.
>
> I suggested you to change the assignment of the yyerrstatus
> variable from 3 to 1; have you tried that?

Yes I tried this. It is not working. It goes into infinite loop if use
it with #define YYERROR_VERBOSE 1 . Even if I use it alone then no error
is issued for invalid lines & parser terminates.

But if I use
#define YYERROR_VERBOSE 1
#define YYDEBUG 1

alone then it works, but I am getting 2 errors for each invalid lines.
If I remove the 2nd yyerror function call then it works. (please refer
my mail dated 26/08/04 sub 'RE: Query about error recovery in bison')

With Best Regards,
Ranjeeta Sharma.