RE: Query about error recovery in bison

From: Ranjeeta
Subject: RE: Query about error recovery in bison
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:46:21 +0530

Hi Hans Aberg,

Greetings.

At Friday, August 27, 2004 10:59 PM
Hans Aberg
(snip)
> OK. Now I see what you are complaining about. It looks like a
> bug in your skeleton file: In Bison 1.35, the second yyerror
> has an "else" before it, so that it will become excluded. You
> can just try to change it, or try the skeleton file from
> Bison 1.35 (and invoke your own skeleton file using the
> --skeleton option). (Bison 1.50 and later use another
> skeleton file format, for use with M4.)

Yes I checked the bison.simple file for Bison 1.35, this bug is solved
there. And it is working as per my requirement. Thank you.

> But you are your own in this experimenting, as these are old
> version. So I suggest you to upgrade to at least Bison 1.75,
> as soon as possible. Your problem is in fact a good
> motivation for keeping to the newer versions.

Today I downloaded Bison 1.87 setup
(http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bison.htm for windows) and
tried, it is also working.

Right now my project and related executable is on CVS. I could easily
put the bison setup on CVS (i.e. bison.exe & bison.simple). But bison
1.87 setup requires may supporting files ( bison.exe and M4.exe, other
supporting files are also required) so I was just thinking before
putting this whole thing on CVS.

Is it possible that I can create a setup just like bison 1.24 or bison
1.35 ? I mean a less number of files to be put on CVS like bison.exe,
bison.simple & m4.exe.

With Best Regards,
Ranjeeta Sharma.