should I use bison?

From: Spikx
Subject: should I use bison?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 01:36:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I recently began to learn the basic principles of parsers, context free
grammar and espcially bison, because I need it for a project. But I wondered
if the use of bison would be suitable at all in my case.

In this project, the content of a game (objects, visuals, logic, etc.)
should be defined by a simple text file, which will be generated before.
This file should be parsed and complete the game depending on its content.
Perhaps one element coult look like this:

object( ammount=10, position(0,0,random), texture(...), ... )

.. I don't know yet :)
The game is written in C++ and I wonder now, if it is possible at all, to
create a more or less complex behaviour with a parser.. and if.. what do I
have to consider?
I have to mention again, that I am practically a complete newbie to all this
:)