set flex start conditions from bison?

From: Rui Maciel
Subject: set flex start conditions from bison?
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:19:41 +0100

Is it possible to set the flex start conditions from within bison? I've set a
couple of lexer start
conditions in the flex file and added yy_push_state() to the bison file, which
already includes a flex-
generated header. Nonetheless, the compiler still complains that the start
condition symbol (named s_element)
is undeclared. As the start condition symbol is described in the flex file as:

#ifdef YY_HEADER_EXPORT_START_CONDITIONS
#define INITIAL 0
#define s_element 1

#endif

That leads me to believe that some other tweaking is needed to at least define
YY_HEADER_EXPORT_START_CONDITIONS and therefore declare the start condition
symbol.

So, how do we set flex start conditions from within a bison file?

Thanks in advance,
Rui Maciel