Re: bison - MSYS - Windows/DOS

From: Gus Gassmann
Subject: Re: bison - MSYS - Windows/DOS
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 19:22:28 +0000 (UTC)

Luca <yelsma <at> tin.it> writes:

> You can run bison from a batch file,
> then add the batch file to a VS post build event ,
> but you have to add bison to your path, e.g:
>
> path=%path%;c:\PATH_TO_BISON_EXE\bison.exe

I don't think that is enough. The bison executable is on the path. (In fact, I
can put it into the working directory, and I get the same error.) The problem
concerns the file m4sugar.m4. Even if I place this file on the path and into the
same directory as bison.exe, it doesn't work. How can I tell bison to look
somewhere other than in
/usr/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4? This is not a DOS style directory address,
so I have a bit of trouble understanding what to do. Is there an environmental
variable I could set? Do I have to reinstall bison with some different options?
Is it possible at all to do what I want?