Re: How to read an understand the bison report file ?

From: Vincent Zweije
Subject: Re: How to read an understand the bison report file ?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:03:05 +0200

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 02:26:32PM +0300, Timothy Madden wrote:

> I would hate to find that I have to push all whitespace/comments
> into the content (semantic value) of the lexer tokens, so the
> grammar does not get to see it.

That is however precisely how I would try to do it.

For the practical parser guy, the grammer is only a help
to draw the syntactic structure from your program text. I
wouldn't complicate the grammar with whitespace which has
nothing to do with syntactic structure.

Ciao.                                                  Vincent.
--
WCC - Smart Search & Match
NL  +31 30 7503222