Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:54:11 +0200

Le 14 avr. 2013 à 22:09, Efi Fogel <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Dear users,

Hi!

> Not sure whether this is the right place, but I couldn't find a better one.

Here is fine.

> I wanted to use a new feature that is in the pipe, namely using
> boost::variant

It's not based on Boost.

> instead of union to specify the collection of possible data
> types for semantic values.
>
> I downloaded the sources from the savannah git repository.

Did you run git submodules update --init?  Are you on "master" in
both cases?

> On Ubuntu, I was
> able to build this bison version no problem. However, on cygwin, I got
> stuck. 'bootstrap' completed without errors and so did 'configure'.
> However, running 'make' ended up with errors. I got the following error
> message right away:
>
> cd . && /bin/sh /cygdrive/d/home/efif/trees/bison/build-aux/missing --run
> automake-1.12 --gnu Makefile
> lib/local.mk:19: error: lib_libbison_a_SOURCES must be set with '=' before
> using '+='

That's weird, there is no reason for this to happen.

> Makefile.am:60:   'lib/local.mk' included from here
> lib/local.mk:19: warning: variable 'lib_libbison_a_SOURCES' is defined but
> no program or
> lib/local.mk:19: library has 'lib_libbison_a' as canonical name (possible
> typo)
> Makefile.am:60:   'lib/local.mk' included from here
> Makefile:2478: recipe for target `Makefile.in' failed
> make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
>
> I removed the '+' sign, and was able to make a small step forward.

But that's wrong, the problem is elsewhere.

> Then, I
> got the following error message:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `fcntl.in.h', needed by `fcntl.h'.  Stop.

I suspect you have a problem with your submodules.  Be sure to sure
git submodule update --init, and please, show the last commit message
of the branch you're trying to build.