Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.

From: Efi Fogel
Subject: Re: Building under cygwin from git rep.
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 23:26:48 +0300

I gave the build of bison under cygwin another shot.
The file build-aux/prefix-gnulib-mk is not corrupted. It's a symlink (as
you said), and it's fine.

The problem seems to be related to the fact that the path 'lib/' and the
prefix 'lib_' are missing in the files generated by gnulib_tool. For
example, under cygwin the first 3 lines (after the comment) in the file lib/
gnulib.mk are:

MOSTLYCLEANFILES += core *.stackdump
noinst_LIBRARIES += libbison.a
libbison_a_SOURCES =

while under Ubunto (where things run smoothly) the first 3 lines are:

MOSTLYCLEANFILES += lib/core lib/*.stackdump
noinst_LIBRARIES += lib/libbison.a
lib_libbison_a_SOURCES =

At least this is the reason for the failure of automake.

--