providing custom actions

From: martin f krafft
Subject: providing custom actions
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:26:30 +0200

I had a cursory look over the cfengine docs and could not find what
I was looking for. I am short of writing a software similar to
cfengine to manage a couple of Debian hosts once FAI brought them
up.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, I would like to provide a bunch
of new actions to cfagent, like apt-install, debconf, and
update-alternatives.

What would be the best way to do this? Patches? Or does cfengine
provide for plugins? If not, then please add that to the wishlist!

Thanks,

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."
                                            -- epigrams in programming