RE: SingleCopy Nirvana - stat warnings

From: Luke Youngblood
Subject: RE: SingleCopy Nirvana - stat warnings
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 10:12:36 -0400

Excellent, thanks for your help.  I was wondering one other thing:

What is the benefit of launching cfagent from cfexecd using cron?  The
reason I ask is that I think it might be much easier to execute cfagent
directly from a shell script, and then mail the output to myself.  I could
strip out the stat messages inside my shell script, rather than modifying
the source code.

This would allow me to use the same Blastwave packages that I've been using,
without rebuilding from code every time there is a cfengine update.

Could someone tell me what the advantages or disadvantages of doing this
might be?

Thanks,

Luke