server iteration

From: Tod Oace
Subject: server iteration
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:23:23 -0700

For some reason I had it in my head that copy:'s server=server1:server2 iteration would give me failover type functionality. But when I tried it I discovered that while it does failover very nicely to server2 when server1 is available, it also uses server2 even if server1 is available. Iteration, not failover.

Does anyone use the server= iteration? I'm not seeing how it would be used the way it currently works. Changing it to stop at the first successful server seems much more useful to me.

I'm aware of copy:'s failover= field, but it seems like I would have to double my quantity of copy statements and add a whole bunch of AddInstallable definitions in order to use it. Seems awkward. I just want it to use one of a list of servers.

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>