Re: server iteration

From: Tod Oace
Subject: Re: server iteration
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:06:05 -0700

On May 23, 2005, at 03:34, Alexander Jolk wrote:

control:
   AllowRedefinitionOf = ( server )
   AddInstallable = ( server_fail )
   server = ( primaryhost )
   server_fail::
      server = ( failoverhost )

copy:
   $(server)/some/file dest=/some/file failover=server_fail

Would cfengine's second pass take into account the changed definition, or not? That would actually be quite nice for a single layer failover scenario.

I hadn't thought of that. Still, having to add "failover=server_fail" everywhere would be a pain.

What if we use server=server1:server2 and then have some kind of SingleServer global variable to select either iteration or failover type behavior?

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29

--
Tod Oace, Intel Corporation <tod@intel.com>