help-cgicc

RE: Step-by-step instructions to install Cgicc.

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: Step-by-step instructions to install Cgicc.
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:41:54 -0600

> Can you say, to what directory should I unpack it? I have there (in the
> server) html/cgi-bin -directory.
> AND where should I write that "./configure --disable-shared"?

You should unpack the source code in your home directory.  It will create a
directory cgicc-x.x.x.  Change to that directory, and inside that directory
issue the configure command.

% tar zxf cgicc-3.1.4.tar.gz
% cd cgicc-3.1.4
% ./configure --disable-shared
% make
% cd demo
% ./test.cgi

At this point if test.cgi runs then:

% cp test.cgi html/cgi-bin

Edit test.html to suit your server, then

% cp test.html html/

Then you should be able to run the test.