help-flex

Re: flex 2.5.21 released

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: Re: flex 2.5.21 released
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:30:40 -0400

On Wednesday, 18 September 2002,10:21 +0200, Bastian Kleineidam wrote:

> There is no bug in automake and friends here. Bruce did not want to
> install the plethora of dependencies of automake on his machine, so he
> posted a patch to Makefile.in instead of Makefile.am.

Almost, true. Bruce says that the pdf-from-texinfo manual output from
an automake-generated Makefile is painful to read. He sent a patch to
Makefile.in to correct this problem. But I told him it'd be better to
talk to the automake maintainers about the problem.

> PS (shameless-distro-plug): With APT[1] from Debian Linux, installing
> all dependencies is as easy as 'apt-get install automake' and hitting
> Return. The APT tool is also available[2] for Redhat Linux.

Unfortunately, Bruce can't use this solution as he's running Windows
with some unix-on-windows tools.

--Will