[Help-glpk] Execution time

From: Alessandra De Luca
Subject: [Help-glpk] Execution time
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:15:58 +0200 (CEST)

I'm trying to solve a MIP problem with 17575 rows, 14960 column and 1018925 non-zeros but Glpk spend a lot of time to solve it (about 40 minutes)....it's normal or there is a way to solve the problem quickly by setting some parameters (for example I've realized that if I set the parameter lpx_k_branch to 0  the execution time for the same problem become larger than 12 hours)?
In this case what are the parameters I have to set to improve glpk solver and so to reduce the execution time?
(I'm using glpk from my java code by using Glpk 4.8 java interface).

Thanks