Re: [Help-glpk] Execution time

From: Oscar Gustafsson
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Execution time
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:40:45 +0200 (MEST)

Alessandra,

it is not an unreasonable long time for such a big problem. You can find problems with much fewer rows and columns that are practically impossible to solve using branch-and-bound.

The MIP-solver got a big upgrade starting from version 4.9, so if you are using 4.8 you will most likely not use it (unless you are infact using a later GLPK but a 4.8-interface, however even then you will not be able to access lpx_intopt, which is the new solver).

So, start by upgrading the GLPK-version and try the advanced MIP-solver as a first step.

Good luck!

/Oscar Gustafsson