Re: [Help-glpk] Makefiles for 64 bit Windows

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Makefiles for 64 bit Windows
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:40:32 +0400

>> However, I have neither VC9 nor 64-bit machine, so I am
>> unable to check if all this works correctly. Could you (or
>> maybe someone else on the list) please do that?

> I'll try but I am quite dummy user.
> Currently I've compiled 4.30 by Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 using
> Xyprons's Build_GLPK_with_VC2008.bat (there were some warnings). In a
> few days I'll be able to test such exe-file under win-64 (I hope :).

Thank you very much. In principle, the 64-bit issue has been resolved.
Next week I plan to release glpk 4.31, where two alignment boundaries
are used: 16 bytes for memory blocks allocated by xmalloc/xcalloc, and
8 bytes for blocks stored in memory pools. This must work in both 32-
and 64-bit environments.

PS: Gennady, please note that in the list archive your name is
unreadable (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-glpk/2008-08/index.html ),
because it is coded in koi8-r that is not supported by the list.