Re: gnats/133

From: Sarang Padalkar
Subject: Re: gnats/133
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:32:15 -0700

    SP> Yes (2.7beta). In my case, there is always a core file
    SP> (gnatsd) that is left behind. My suspicion is that the lock
    SP> file is not removed because gnatsd crashes.

    M> This is very likely the cause of the problem!

    M> Unfortunately, GNATS is not rock stable (applies to both 3.113
    M> and 4).  Fortunately, most GNATS crashes are easy to spot
    M> (though not necessarily easy to fix).  If you have got the core
    M> file and you compiled GNATS with `-g', you can examine it in
    M> the following way:

    M>   $ gdb /usr/local/bin/gnatsd core (gdb) where

    M> This prints out the stack trace.  I'm interested in all crash
    M> traces generated by recent GNATS CVS versions.

I got a trace, but it turns out that the core is created by file-pr

Here is my gdb session. Let me know if I can provide any more info.

gdb /usr/local/libexec/file-pr

(gdb) core ~gnats/core
Core was generated by `file-pr -f gnatsU2aqr1 -d /home/gnats/gnats-db'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libgen.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmalloc.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libintl.so.1...warning: Lowest section in
/usr/lib/libintl.so.1 is .hash at 0x74
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-80/lib/libc_psr.so.1...
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
#0  0xff351190 in free_unlocked ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xff351190 in free_unlocked ()